Pyrogen is a high-grade medicine for septic fevers and all conditions arising out of septic origin, apart from other fevers. The temperature would be very high even upto 106. Although the symptoms of Baptisia are almost similar with Pyrogen, Baptisia cannot meet this situation in high fevers as that of Pyrogen. Pyrogen is prepared out of decomposed beef. It is a short acting remedy used in acute cases.
- Septic fevers, sewer gas poisoning, fevers due to pthisis, puerperal fevers
- Abscessesof septic origin, leprosy and psoriasis
- Diarrhea in septic fevers.
- Pulse and temperature are out of rhythm which is a predominant symptom of Pyrogen.
- When abscesses are open, discharges as scanty with violent burning.
- Putrid and offensive odors from the body, breath, sweat and discharges.
- Cures chronic complaints that have come up from septic origin or puerperal fevers including Bright’s disease.
- Threatening heart diseases due to septic and zymotic conditions.
- Blood black in Hemorrhages.
- Loquacity – thinks and talks faster
- Full of frightful dreams
- Irritable and delirious confusion of mind as to body and limbs.
- Feels one while lying on one side and a different person when turns to other side.
- Sensation as though crowded with legs and arms.
- Knows his head is on the pillow but does not know where her body is.
- Copious sweats, any discharge is offensive.
- Thirst for cool drinks during chill and heat. Violent chills intermingled with heat and sweat or dry heat.
- Aching in limbs. Restlessness ameliorated by motion.
- All pains aggravated by sitting in cold damp weather
- Copious sweat on the head.
- Fan-like motion of alae nasi.
- Tongue coated brown with brown streak down the centre with imprints of teeth.
- Cheeks red and burning hot.
- In all fevers heat is intense.
- Coffee ground vomiting.
- Cough aggravated by lying, ameliorated by sitting.
- Chill is quotidian. It comes in the evening generally 7 PM. Periodicity is regular.
Septic origin and blood poisoning.
Symptoms are similar to Baptisia