- Indigestion, constipation, headache and fever. Constipation. Bleeding piles, assates, liver disorders, jaundice, menstrual disorders, asthma, convulsions,
- Epilepsy – petidmal and grandmal
- Jealousy, restlessness, anger, hypertension
- Delayed labour pains
- It is a vegetable drug.
- Long-acting and also deep-acting.
- It is useful in both acute and chronic diseases.
- It is widely abused.
Constitutional /General Symptoms
- Nux vomica is a high grade drug for irritability and impulsive anger.
- Stomach troubles are its main features.
- Over sensitiveness. Cannot tolerate change in environment.
- Lean and thin. Dyspeptic.
- Poor digestion, constipation. Always complaints about his stomach. Patient gets sick with untimely or un-tastable foods.
- Very careful about diet. Selective in food but likes pungent foods – dislikes for rich foods, Feels great heat in head and perspires while eating.
- Addicted to drinks. Craves for stimulants such as coffee and chain smoking.
- All sufferings aggravated by constipation leading to headache, insomnia and anger.
- Anti peristalsis – reflex movement of motion (some people read books or newspapers while in toilet. In order to divert their minds from the idea that they are passing motion).
- Uncontrollable irritability.
- Sudden outburst of impulsive anger.
- Aristocratic, fault-finding, critical in behavior
- Obstinate and non-communicative
- Jealousy and confusion.
- Full of anxiety and fear and hypochondriac, suspicious
- Brain fag – fatigue – over worked and over strained.
- Unsocial – wants to be aloof.
- Sensitive to smell – smell continues to haunt him for a long time.
- Strong thoughts, though happy, make him tired.
- All symptoms aggravated by heating.
- All symptoms aggravate early morning and ameliorated by motion.
- Sensitive to cool air and sounds.
- Desires cool breeze for the head while uncomfortable to the body. So covers up to the neck – keeps the head near the window for cool breeze.
- All symptoms aggravated by physical and mental strain.
- Chills begin in the extremities (feet and hands) and all over the body.
- Feels great heat in head and perspires while eating.
- Sedentary life,
- Alcoholism, abuse of stimulants,
- Over drugged, over eaten,
- Excessive indulgence in sex
- Mental and physical strain – Brain fag.
- It neutralizes the bad effects of medicines of other systems.
- Nux Vomica and Sulphur are complementary drugs.
- Nux Vomica should not be given before or after zincum met
- Habit of drinking can be stopped by Nux Vomica.
- Although it is repetition, the following high-grade symptoms are worth mentioning once again:
- Striking over sensitiveness,
- Very touchy, high irritable
- Uncontrollable impulse, jealousy
- Full of anxiety and fear
- Abuse of sex
- Selective in food
- Over eating, over drugged.