- Scarlet fever, diphtheria, typhoid and gangrenous complaints. Its fever is remittent.
- Fevers of septic origin.
- Exhausting diarrhea.
- Baptisia is a vegetable drug.
- It is short-acting – complaints are not long lasting.
Important Symptoms of Baptisia:
(It is difficult to divide the symptoms into General and Mental)
- It is a rank drug in typhoid’s. If the fever is very high, say beyond 103 “Pyrogen” works well.
- It is most useful for acute diseases of septic origin.
- Sleepless and restless.
- Confused as if intoxicated. He does not know what he is talking. When people are around he wants to say something, but he talks a few words and then goes into sleep.
- Appears as if drunk. Half talks and slips other words.
- Feels dual existence and talks about the other when roused up.
- He feels that one part of the body is talking to the other.
- Feels that his body is scattered around the bed and appears as if trying to collect the pieces together.
- Excessive drowsiness – delirious stupor – lies in a semi-comatose state – face mottled – prostration.
- Discharges and exhalations foetid – bleeds black blood which is offensive.
- Breath, stool, urine, ulcers are all putrid.
- Ulceration of mucous membranes.
- Can swallow only liquids but cannot swallow solids
- Limbs, hands, and tongue tremulous – quivering all over the body.
- Jaw drops and lies upon the back unconscious with mouth wide open and gradually slides down towards the foot of the bed.
- Tongue red and dry in the middle.
- In remittent fevers, a dose of Baptisia will break the fever and stops it to go into typhoid and leads to selection of a correct drug.