- Badly treated typhoid’s – Septic conditions (Blood Poisoning
- Rheumatism, Dropsy and Urinary troubles.
- Fever after accidents / Injuries
- Heart diseases
- Skin diseases, Lucoderma, blue spots, mottled skin and hair fall, Appendicitis
- It is a vegetable drug, deep-acting, anti-miasmic.
- Plethoric persons.
- Useful in serious septic conditions.
- Key note of this drug is self pity and seeks sympathy.
- He is sad, morose, irritable, fearful and full of imaginations.
- Zymosis – mainly with toxic condition.
- The Arnica patient wants to be alone and does not want to be approached. He also does not want to be touched, talked.
- Lack of enthusiasm, (nirutsaham).
- Always complains of some illness.
- Suffers from bodily soreness.
- He will have decomposing smell.
- Anticipates heart and digestive troubles.
- More sick mentally than physically. Often there may not be any reality in their sickness.
- Painful, sickly, bruised all over the body.
- Extremely sensitive. Always feels that he is suffering from serious illness especially of the heart.
- Stupidity, irritability and self pity – seeks sympathy.
- Suddenly wakes up as if with instant cardiac distress.
- Dreams of horror of instant death with cardiac distress, when he wakes up and goes to sleep again, the dream continues.
- He feels he would not get cured.
- Exaggerates his sufferings.
- Sad, fearful and easily frightened.
- He is proud of his disease.
- Dreadful dreams, dreams of muddy water and getting drowned, Fear of robbers and police are chasing him.
- Feels that the bed is hard – he wants a new place.
- He is fairly well during day time.
- Fear remains for long especially in nights in the shape of dreams.
- Aversion to meat, broth, milk.
- He will have cold nose, offensive flatus and stools, black watery stools with black blood vomiting.
- Body cold – head hot.
- Thirst during fever and chill, otherwise no thirst.
- Injury/accident in the history of the case.
- Food or water poisoning.
- Wine should not be taken
- Arnica should not be used in animal bites, broken skin, torn, and lacerated wounds.
- Zymotic Fevers: They are greatly prostrated, stupid, and unconscious, does not find correct words to answer, coma, toxic condition, and lies as if dead. When roused up, he is irritated, “I do not want a doctor, I am not sick”.
- He says this when he is only ill. He does not want to be bothered/talked. In injuries and shocks – sore bruised sensation. Sprained joints – black/blue. In gout/rheumatism he does not want to be touched. So he sits in a corner.
Body cold, head hot. Fever is mostly preceded by bad dreams/distress, fearful dreams, soreness of the body, infantile convulsions, and dusky spots. Aggravation by touch.
- Whooping cough
Spasmodic cough with expectoration of black blood, vomiting of blood with black mucous. Cough excited by anger and crying.
- Heart diseases
1. Shooting pain in the heart region.
2. Fear and palpitation
3. He has the idea of the disease and believes he would die.
- Arnica is an important remedy in injuries, bruises, shocks, injuries of the joints and back attended with soreness. In such cases, arnica becomes the first remedy unless there are other generally decided symptoms that call for other remedies.